Kartarpur Corridor Online Registration: On 9th November 2019, on the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev ji, a corridor was inaugurated for the people of India who wish to visit Kartarpur Sahib Gurudwara in Pakistan(Narowal district). This corridor connects Dera Baba Nanak Sahib Gurudwara in India to Kartarpur Sahib Gurudwara in Pakistan and has a total length of 4.7 km. Some part of this corridor lies in India while the other part is in Pakistan. A lot of people still do not have complete knowledge about how to register online for Kartarpur Corridor so I thought to share the complete process with you. I have completed this entire process myself so I am actually going to share it based on my personal experience.
In this Article, these are some of the most important things I will be telling you about:
- Online Registration Process
- LIU Verification
- Entry Fee
- Documents Required
- General Instructions for Pilgrims
1. Online Registration Process for Kartarpur Corridor
I have noticed that a lot of people have difficulty in filling up the online form for Kartarpur Corridor.
So, by following the step by step procedure mentioned below you can complete the registration process for Kartarpur Sahib Corridor:
1. Open the Official Website for online registration : https://prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in/kpr/
2. Click on ‘Apply Online’ link on the Top Menu.
3. Select your Nationality (Indian/Foreigner) and click on Continue.
Important Note: All people who are Overseas Citizen of India must have an OCI Card and should only apply as a Foreigner.
4. Select your Date of Journey. As soon as you Select the Date of Journey, you will be able to see all the available slots from the date you selected to the next 6 days (as per the availability).
5. Click on Continue to reach the Part A of the form.
6. Here you will need to fill up/select the following Passport details exactly as in your Passport:
- Passport Type(Ordinary/Diplomatic/Official)
- Passport Number
- Date of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Place of Issue
- Given Name
- Father’s Name
Note: Please check each and every detail you mention here as it has to match exactly with the details mentioned on your passport.
7. Enter the Captcha Code as shown in the picture and click on Save and Continue.
8. Now enter/select the following details as mentioned in your Passport & Click on Save and Continue to reach the Part B of the Form :
- Date of Birth : Select your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Place of Birth(City) : Enter your City of Birth
- Place of Birth(Country): Select your Country of Birth (This option is there because NRIs can also visit through this corridor)
- Address(Line 1 & 2): Enter your Address in these 2 lines
- State: Select your State
- District: Select your District
- Pin Code: Enter your PIN Coce
9. Now enter/select the following details and click on Save and Continue to reach the PART C of the form
- Whether resident in India : Select Yes or No
- Aadhaar Number : Enter your Aadhaar Number exactly as on your Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card : Enter your PAN Number exactly as on your PAN Card
- If you your present address is same as mentioned in your Passport, Select YES otherwise fill up your present address in Address Line 1 and 2.
- Now, Select your State and District and fill up your area PIN Code.
- Police Station Name : Select your area Police Station.
- Blood Group: Select your Blood Group
- Email ID : Enter your Email ID
- Landline Number with STD Code(Home): Enter your residential Landline Number
- Landline Number with STD Code(Office): Enter your office Landline Number(If available)
- Mobile Number(Primary): Enter your Mobile Number (Confirmation SMS will be sent on this number)
- Mobile Number(Alternate): Enter your alternate mobile number
- Marital Status : Select if you are Married or Unmarried
- Profession: Select if you are Self Employed or Salaried
- Relatives in Pakistan : Select YES if you have relatives in Pakistan or NO if you dont have relatives in Pakistan
- Have you ever visited Pakistan before? : Select YES if you have visited before or NO if you have not visited
10. Select the following questions with a YES or NO and Click on Save & Continue to reach the PART D of the form:
- Has any criminal case been registered against you or any arrest warrant against you pending before a court of India?
- Have you even been convicted by a court for any criminal offence and sentenced to imprisonment?
- Whether you are presently bound by security proceeding under CRPC or any other similar restriction under any other local law? If so, details of the same.
- Whether you are/were in past, a member of any organization proscribed/banned under law, in India
11. Here you will be asked whether you are travelling as a Group, so you need to select YES or NO.
12. Please read all the points under Declaration and Undertaking, Select ‘I Agree’ and Click on Save & Continue.
13. Now, at this point, you will be given a last chance to modify or edit your form if you think you have done any mistake while filling it up by clicking on Modify/Edit button. If you think everything is correct, click on Save & Continue.
14. Now you need to Upload your Passport Size Photograph and click on Save & Continue.
Note: Please keep in mind that size of the file must be 10 kb to 300 kb.
15. Now Upload your First Page of Passport and Last Page of Passport and click on Submit.
Note: Please keep in mind that these files should be in PDF Format only and the size of the file should be 20 kb to 500 kb for each file.
Now on the screen you will see a message saying ‘Your registration has been completed successfully. Your registration No. is : XXXXX.’ You will be asked to take a printout of the registration form here but its actually not needed. This is because once your Submit your form the LIU(Local Intelligence Unit) receives your form automatically.
2. LIU Verification
LIU stands for Local Intelligence Unit of Police Department. There is an LIU department in every major city/district of India. Just like there is an LIU Verification when you apply for your Passport, similarly, you also have to complete this verification process by LIU when you register yourself for visiting Kartarpur Sahib via Kartarpur Corridor.
So, once your registration form has been submitted online you will automatically get a call from LIU within 24-48 hours. Then either the LIU personals will come to your house or you will be called to their office to complete the process.
In my case I was asked for these documents :
- Self Attested Photocopy of Front and Last Page of Passport
- Self Attested Photocopy of Aadhaar Card
- Self Attested Photocopy of PAN Card
Note : You do not need to take a printout of the form as they already have your form with them.
Important Note : As per my experience LIU Verification for visiting Kartarpur Sahib is done only when you have your Current Address different from your Passport Address, as was in my case. However, one of my friend had his Current Address same as his Passport Address so he did not receive any call for LIU Verification and he could go without it.
3. ETA(Electronic Travel Authorization)
ETA stands for Electronic Travel Authorization and this is one of the mandatory documents you need to provide at the Immigration Office in India. You can Download ETA from the official website(https://prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in/kpr/) only after you get a confirmation SMS for the same. Usually the confirmation SMS should reach you 3-4 days before you date of departure.
In order to Download ETA you need to open the official website(https://prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in/kpr/) and go to ‘Registration Status’ link, enter up your Registration Number, Passport Number and Captcha Code and Click on Submit.
As soon as you click on Submit, you will be able to see a link to Download the ETA. You need to Download it and take a printout of it along with you. I would suggest you to take at least 2 copies with you and keep it at 2 different places, just as a backup.
4. Entry Fee
Another important thing is that you need to have $20(20 US Dollars) in Cash which you will need to Submit once you reach Pakistan. There are several money exchangers outside the Immigration Office on Pakistan Side and if you wish you can exchange your Indian Rupees for US Dollars there. But I would suggest you to exchange it from any local money exchanger from India itself as the rates they offer in Pakistan will cost you a lot more.
You will be handed over a receipt for the 20 US Dollars you submitted and a card(Yatri Pass) that you need to wear. You need to keep that receipt safely and wear the Yatri Pass till the time you are there.
You can also Exchange your Indian Rupees to get Pakistani Rupees as they also have a few shops where you can shop only with Pakistani Rupees. At the end if you have some Pakistani Rupees left with you, then you can exchange them and get back the Indian Rupees.
5. Documents Required
There are a few Important Documents you must keep with you while going to Kartarpur Sahib:
- Valid Indian Passport(with at least 6 months of validity)
- ETA(Electronic Travel Authorization)
- OCI Card (if you are an Overseas Citizen of India)
- $20 in Cash(This is not actually a Document by still this is a must thing to carry)
6. General Instructions for Pilgrims
- All Pilgrims who wish to visit Sri Kartarpur Sahib in district Narowal, Pakistan may register online well in advance.
- Registration does not confer a right to travel.
- Applicants who are granted permission may be informed by a confirmation SMS only 3-4 days before proposed date of departure. Therefore, Applicants are requested to make their travel arrangements in advance.
- Pilgrims must go in the morning and shall have to return the same day at around 4:30-5:00 pm
- Pilgrims shall only be allowed to visit Sri Kartarpur Sahib Gurudwara and not anywhere outside.
- Eco-friendly bags, preferably cloth bags must be used & surroundings should be kept clean.
- Currency as per RBI regulations must be followed.
- Only one baggage is allowed which can weigh upto 7 kg. You can also carry drinking water along with you.
- Do not carry any of the items mentioned in the negative list
- Smoking, drinking and any tobacco product is prohibited inside Passenger Terminal Building(PTB) Complex.
- You are requested not to touch any unattended article. Please inform the authorities if you find anything suspicious.
- Playing loud music and taking photographs of others without permission is not allowed.
FINAL WORDS : Hope you have now understood the complete procedure to complete online registration for Kartarpur Corridor. If you have any doubts, queries or anything you want to share you can leave your comments below and I will be happy to help.